"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” - JOSHUA 1:9

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's almost here...almost time...I'm almost 23...

In only 18 more days I will finally be 23 years old. Unemployed and not going to school. Yet, once again I'm okay with it. Now, I'm not saying that I'm okay with being unemployed and living off my parents, I find odd jobs here and there and am saving my money. What I'm saying is that I'm okay with this trial I'm going through. Why? Well...

A couple of weeks ago a lovely, older woman from our sister church came to speak for our youth program. What she spoke about actually blew me away, because she said some things that got me to thinking. We always thank God for the good things in our lives, but we never stop to thank him for the bad or hard times. But why would we thank him for the bad times?! Because they teach us things. This being unemployed has taught me patience, it's given me time to go off the beaten path and study things I never studied before and get to know God better. It's given me time to analyze things and myself. It's given me time to realize it's okay to be in my early twenties and single. It's given me time to pray and focus. Recently, I applied for a job at one of my old schools. I honestly having been praying earnestly that I get this job. It's actually not for something I studied for but again, it's off the beaten path. I've been trying to see how I can better influence my youth and talk to them about God and their relationship with him. I've seen the changes that I have made in myself, like finally I have patience to withstand their...crazy antics at times. I have been able to understand children better and learn that we must always make them feel appreciated, needed, wanted and understood, both children and youth. Most of all I always have to let them know I'm proud of them and thank them for whatever little job they do and let them know that whatever they say is important to me, because it is important to them. 

Although, these last few months have been a little rough, I'm making it through it all. That is something to be happy about. I have my family that loves me, I have life and I am blessed to have that. Even though at times it may seem like I don't have much and that nothing is going right, it's always good to be reminded that I have it good. Things happen, good and bad, but overall to have my life, health, and family I am blessed. I am happy and that's good enough for me. So I will keep praying about this job and other things and know that it is all in His hands.

No comments: