It's been almost a month since my last post. Here's an update!
1. I have lost 24 this month which brings my January and February total to...(drum roll please)...46 total pounds lost and to never return! It's been a journey so far, a lot of exercise and a lot of of watching and changing what I eat. I've also learned to say no and not buy things that I used to buy. Like yesterday, I was at the store doing a little bit of grocery shopping and I passed by a box of cheez-its that were on sale. Now, I love cheese and cheese-its, but I had recently read an article about how these weren't good for you an actually helped you maintain or GAIN weight. (neither of which I'm trying to do) Anyways, I started to think these 4 things:
1. Do I need it or want it?
2. How often will I eat it?
3. Am I willing to spend money that I don't have on it?
4. Is it good for me?
Now, I'm not saying that I don't indulge once in a while and do get food items like that, but why should I get a big box knowing that, 1. it isn't good for me, 2. I don't need it and 3. I don't have the money to spend on things like that. I'm the type of person that likes to save for the bigger things. (i.e. mani/pedis, getting my hair done, etc.) I'm learning to not reward myself with food. I remember this important fact: I AM NOT AN ANIMAL/PET. This weekend I might actually go get my nails done, bu then again my car needs maintenance as well so I more than likely will get that done instead. I'll be heading out of town to participate in the color run in less than a month and I am super EXCITED!! I get to see my best friend and get to do a 5k with her. Physical motivation!!
2. Spiritual life is about the same as last month. I hit a slump but I'm trying to make my way back up my hill and focus on my spiritual life.
3. I'm still enjoying the single life! :)
Until next time...
-B

No comments:
Post a Comment