"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” - JOSHUA 1:9

Thursday, January 29, 2015

New Year, New View, New Goals...

We're almost to the end of January...here's an update. I've lost 22 lbs so far this year! My spiritual life/views are changing. The way I go about relationships is changing AND I'm finally starting to understand this concept of waiting...

1. I've set a goal this year of actually losing weight and participating in 2 Color Run's this year! I decided to do the runs because I know that they will motivate me to actually workout and eat right. I want to be healthy. I want to feel fit. I want to be able to do a lot of things and not feel self conscious anymore. Speaking of which, I have registered for my first color run March 28! I'm super excited! 


2. After having a good talk with our local youth Pastor, I've started keeping a Prayer journal and reading 2 books, our quarterly Sabbath school lesson and my Bible. I've decided to start working on my spiritual health because I felt that along side with my physical health, it was in a rut. Progress is going well and I feel a lot happier. Happier than I've felt in most years. :) 


3. Relationships...I've been single since about 2011/2012. I've had a huge crush on this one person for that long. However, I've learned that I need to let go and let God. I've prayed so much about it, and yet the whole time I never really handed it over to God. I was trying to see how I could fix it. This is the year I figured out how disrespectful I was being to the guy, his girlfriend, his relationship and God. If I truly cared about him, I would respect what he has and just be happy for him. Once I had that figured out, my viewpoint started to change and finally, I am sincerely happy for them and pray for the best for them. On my end though, I've put all my relationships in review and saw everything I did wrong. First and foremost...I forgot to put God first and in the center of each and every relationship I had. As I'm reading the book "Every Woman's Battle 'Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment" and "the old fashioned way 'reclaiming the lost art of romance", I'm seeing how I've been the woman who wasn't leading men to God. I was doing the opposite of what I believed and said I wanted. I say I want old fashioned yet I act the complete opposite and run head-on into trouble and think later, which leads to regrets. Now, I'm redoing my list, my old-fashioned list and really putting what I seek in a man and how I want my relationship to be like, Old-fashioned. This time I plan to pray more about my list and follow through with my list. Romance isn't dead, neither is chivalry or old-fashioned goodness, it just takes effort and people who are willing to put God first in the relationship. 



Till Next Time


-B





No comments: