"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” - JOSHUA 1:9

Saturday, March 28, 2015

I did it!

I wanted to wait to post this week because I was super excited for today. I did the Color Run! My best friend did it with me and she sure motivated me to do better than I anticipated. We got up pretty early this morning to make it to the race, and we sure were thankful when we did. It had already started filling up with people and we were some of the first people to get our registration packets. We have pictures, we have a t-shirt and we have this accomplishment. 1/2 of one of my goals of the year has been completed! I have another Color Run coming up in May and I for sure will be more ready for that one.

I started out the race with a lousy mind-set, "I can't jog/run this...I haven't even trained for it like I was supposed to...". However, thanks to my AWESOMIZINGLY best friend, she quickly got me out of that zone and kept telling me we were going to jog some of it. I was still thinking no, but she pushed me like I needed to be pushed and I jogged farther and longer than I really though I could do. I am super thankful for a best friend like her. :) We did the 5k in about an hour and it was so fun! The color's were stinky and tasted nasty but we sure got colored up...everywhere...even in places I didn't expect, haha. I can't wait to do this again with her next year. The best part was jogging through the finish line through all the glitter!!! I finished out with a good pace and a jog instead of walk and there was my best friend right beside me. This was my first 5k but certainly not my last, and we both got a medal for our efforts as well! It has been a good day.




No comments: